Holy moly. November has arrived. Which means:
WE’RE GETTING MARRIED.
I’m kinda freaking out a little right now. Because even though we are just doing an intimate courthouse wedding followed by drinks and dinner, we still need fanfare and pizzazz. I mean, it’s our wedding. So our/my to-do list looks like this:
- apply for our wedding license in-person
- learn how to put on makeup (I’ve never done more than mascara and lipstick. I am the laziest girl ever.)
- pick out a cardigan to wear after the “ceremony” so I don’t freeze
- practice walking in the awesome-but-deadly 3″ heels I got
- buy jewelry
- have my glasses adjusted so they stop slipping down my face (I’m using the wedding as motivation to finally get this done!)
- make my DIY flower hair clip
- find one of those sticky cup-only bras that actually fits (any suggestions from the small-chested ladies out there??)
- order flowers & materials for our DIY bouquet and boutonniere
- figure out downtown parking for the day of the wedding
- make an itinerary for the day of the wedding so I/we don’t lose our minds
- arrange accommodations for my dad, brother, and friend who are coming in from out-of-state
- find a restaurant that can feed a hungry gluten-free & vegan bride, but that’s also big enough for our dinner party
- plan what I’m going to make for Thanksgiving, which is two days after the wedding (more on that another day)
And on top of all of that, I am starting work 2 days a week at Anthropologie, AND I’d like to keep the blog going.
We should have eloped.
No no, I jest. In all honesty, we’re soooooo excited. And several of these things will be fast and easy once I/we just sit down and do them.
Plus, I’m trying to remind myself that it’s much more important we enjoy ourselves than that everything looks perfect. This is not an easy feeling to embrace for a perfectionist and chronic worrier, but I’m trying!
So, here’s to being productive BUT CALM during this busy month!
What’s keeping you busy as we approach the holidays? Any married folks out there with advice for how to relax about all the planning?