It’s taken me a few days to stop being lazy after the lovely, loungey long weekend. But I’m back and it’s December and it’s high time to think about GIFTS.
My first ever holiday gift guide is all about cooks. Because people who put meals on the table deserve extra attention, don’t you think?
- If you’re not familiar with the mad woodworking skills of Ariele Alasko, you’ve been missing out. Her cutting boards are just dreamy.
- In my professional opinion as a
hoarderdesignophile, the objects we use most should make us smile. A fun Marimekko potholder is a good start.
- My highly talented ceramicist friend Austin P. Smith specializes in these beautiful nautical chart bowls and dishes. Perfect for both prepping and serving.
- A good cast iron skillet is invaluable in the kitchen, especially in sexy black enamel.
- Clearly handcrafted wood pieces are high on my personal wish list. The arrow spoons by Amelie Mancini would be lovely to use or collect.
- Dishwashing is more fun with a pretty tea towel like this one by Skinny Laminx.
- Storage jars are indispensable to the serious cook. This terra cotta vessel is fancy enough to leave out on the counter.
- Ditto to this glass and brass oil dispenser. Mmm, brassy…
Have you started any gift shopping or making yet?
Stay tuned for more gift guides over the next few weeks. And, of course, more holiday DIYs!